Data Protection Statement
We take the protection of your personal data very seriously and handle your personal data in the strictest confidence and in accordance with applicable German data protection laws as well as this data protection policy.
In this data protection statement we explain how we collect your personal data, what we do with it, for what purposes and on what legal basis this is done, and which rights and claims are associated with it for you.
This data protection statement applies to the website www.martec-photonics.com
1 NAMES AND CONTACT DETAILS OF THOSE RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROCESSING
This data protection statement applies to the processing of data by:
TTI – Technologie-Transfer-Initiative GmbH an der Universität Stuttgart (hereinafter: TTI), Nobelstraße 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Deutschland
Phone: +49 711 686 8749-0
Fax: +49 711 686 8749-19
You can contact the Data Protection Supervisor of TTI GmbH by the above mentioned postal address, or via E-Mail: email@example.com.
2 COLLECTION, PROCESSING AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA AND THE MANNER AND PURPOSE OF ITS USAGE
When you visit our website www.martec-photonics.com, your browser will automatically send information to our website’s server. This information will then be temporarily stored in a so-called “logfile”. The following information will be automatically collected and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- the IP address of your device;
- the date and time of access;
- the name and URL of the retrieved file;
- the website from which access takes place (referrer URL);
- the browser that was used by your device and, if applicable, the operating system of your and device and the name of your access provider
The data described above is processed by us for the following purposes:
- to guarantee a seamless connection with our website;
- to guarantee convenience in using our website;
- to evaluate system security and system stability; and
- for additional administrative purposes.
The legal framework for data processing is contained in Sentence 1 of Sub-Paragraph 1(f) of Section 6 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter GDPR; in German: Datenschutzgrundverordnung, DSGVO). Our legitimate interest in data collection as defined by this Regulation arises out of the permitted purposes listed above. In no case do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
You are not legally or contractually obliged to make available your personal data. However, it is possible that certain functions of our websites depend on the availability of personal data. If you do not make available personal data in these cases, this may result in functions not being available or only being available to a limited extent.
3 DISCLOSURE OF DATA
Under no circumstances is your personal data disclosed to third parties for any reason other than those listed below. We would only disclose your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your explicit agreement pursuant to Sentence 1 of Sub-Paragraph 1(a) of Section 6 of the GDPR;
- the disclosure is necessary to claim, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no basis to assume that you have a preponderant interest in the non-disclosure of your data, pursuant to Sentence 1 of Sub-Paragraph 1(f) of Section 6 of the GDPR;
- a legal obligation of disclosure arises pursuant to Sentence 1 of Sub-Paragraph 1(c) of Section 6 of the GDPR, or;
- such disclosure is legal and necessary for the execution of contractual relationships pursuant to Sentence 1 of Sub-Paragraph 1(c) of Section 6 of the GDPR.
Cookies save information that pertains to the connection with the specific device used to ac-cess our website. However, we do not as a result obtain direct information about your identity.
Furthermore, we also use temporary cookies to optimise the user-friendliness of our website. Such cookies are saved on your device for a specific period of time. If you visit our site again within that period of time, it will be automatically recognised that you have visited our website and your inputs and settings will be remembered, so that they don’t have to be resubmitted.
The data that is processed by cookies is necessary for the purposes mentioned above in or-der to protect our legitimate interests as well as those of third parties as per Sentence 1 of Sub-Section 1(f) of Section 6 of the GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser in such a way that no cookies are saved on your computer or otherwise such that a notice is given before a new cookie is created and saved. Note that completely disabling cookies may prevent you from being able to use all the features and functions of our website.
5 RIGHTS OF THE PERSONS AFFECTED
You are entitled to:
- request information about the processing of your personal data by us, as per Section 15 of the GDPR. In particular, you can request information on the purposes of the processing of your data, the categories into which your personal data is stored, the categories of the recipients of your personal data, the planned retention period, rights to rectification, deletion, limitations on processing or rights to objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the source of your data, whether it was not collected by us, as well as the usage of automated decision-making process including profiling and, where applicable, pertinent information about the details of the data;
- demand the immediate rectification of incorrect personal data or the completion of personal data stored by us, as per Section 16 of the GDPR;
- demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us, as per Section 17 of the GDPR, insofar as its processing is not necessary to exercise the rights of freedom of speech or freedom of information, for the fulfillment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to enforce, exercise or defend legal claims;
- demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with ar-ticle 18 GDPR, insofar as you contest the correctness of the data, the processing is unlawful and you reject the data’s deletion and we no longer need the data, but you need the data to claim, exercise or defend legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Section 21 of the GDPR;
- obtain your personal data that you provided us with in a structured, common and ma-chine-readable format or to request the transfer to another responsible person as per Section 20 of the GDPR;
- revoke certain consents that you previously gave us. As per Subclause 3 of Section 7 of the GDPR, under those circumstances, we are not allowed to continue data pro-cessing undertaken on the basis of such consent and;
- complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Section 77 of the GDPR. Ge-nerally, you can contact the supervisory authority: Der Landesbeauftragte für den Da-tenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit Baden-Württemberg, Postfach 10 29 32, 70025 Stuttgart, Königstraße 10a, 70173 Stuttgart, Tel.: 0711/61 55 41 – 0, Fax: 0711/61 55 41 – 15, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Internet: https://www.baden-wuerttemberg.datenschutz.de
6 RIGHT OF OBJECTION
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Sen-tence 1 of Subsection 1(f) of Section 6 GDPR, as per Section 21 of the GDPR you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data insofar as there are reasons for this objection that arise from your particular situation or that are directed to direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, that will be acted on without you having to pro-vide any information about your particular situation.
If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, please send an email to email@example.com.
7 DATA SECURITY
We use appropriate technical and security measures to protect your data against accidental or wilful manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction and against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously updated in accordance with relevant technological developments.
8 CURRENCY AND AMENDMENTS TO THIS DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
This data protection statement is valid and up to date as of May 2020.
Due to the further development of our website and the website’s offerings or due to amended legal or administrative requirements, it may be necessary to amend this data protection statement. The current data protection statement can be retrieved and printed at any time on the website at www.martec-photonics.com.